So I thought it would be fun to do one of those survey/question things all the high school kids use to do on myspace and facebook! (Wow myspace…Im old!) I would like for you to… More
I see all kinds of pins on Pinterest about how Stay at Home moms make money from home. A lot of the jobs you need to have a degree to do…well I don’t so a lot of those options haven’t panned out too well for me. So Instead i have found small ways to make some side money that add up.And all of these are apps on my phone that I can just casually do while holding my babies. And the BEST PART IS THEY ARE ALL FREE APPS! (Keep in mind I have an iphone so im not sure how these will work for any other phone, but its worth checking out!)
- Inbox Dollars: I answer surveys and I signed up to read emails and get paid. This takes some time to do but if you do a little a day it begins to add up quick.
2.ibotta: I use this app a lot. What I do is I look up the stores I plan to go shop at the day of. I check to see if there are any items I need that are being featured on ibotta. If i buy any of the items then when I get home i will scan the items and take a picture of the receipt and get paid for that shopping trip.
Check out Ibotta to get cash back! Use my referral code, k9shaw, and you can earn an extra $10. Sign up at https://ibotta.com/r/k9shaw
3.Safeway: I shop at Safeway alot because my Husband likes there produce and meat quality. There “Just for u” app lets you pick out coupons for items you buy and add them to your card from the app so that when you use your Safeway card the coupons are automatically used on your purchase.
4. Retail Me Not: I mostly use this app at Bath and Body Works, because I buy there hand soaps for both my bathrooms and my kitchen. Kind of addicted… Retail me Not has coupons for alot of stores. You can use the coupons online or in store depending on the coupon.
5. Cartwheel by Target: This one is pretty popular and alot of people know about it. I check my list and what is on my cartwheel app before going and always save about $10 minimum. If you don’t know what it is, Its an app for target that gives you discounts like coupons and you pull up the bar code on the app at checkout to get the coupons from the app that you have chosen.
6.ThredUP: So since i have 2 young kids, This app is kind of amazing! I go on it and request a clean up bag. they ship me a preaddressed bag that I send back free full of my kids’ clothes they have grown out of along with mine of my husbands stuff too. They have a list of brands and types of clothes you can send in to get paid from them. After they have received the bag of clothes you can choose to buy more things from there site, or you can cash out to your paypal.
Check out thredUP, the web’s largest selection of like-new designer looks at up to 90% off retail. It’s also the easiest way to clean out your closet by ordering a Clean Out Kit. Use my link for $10 off!
Use thsi code to sign up and get $10 free( which makes your cleanout bag free👍🏻)
Update: Thredup now charges to send you a bag to fill 😦 so I dont use thsi as much die to not making as much a profit.
7. Poshmark: This is similar to the ThredUp but instead you post pictures and people buy from you, they pay the shipping and you get a prepaid shipping label emailed to you to print out to ship the item.
Join me on Poshmark, the #1 app to buy & sell fashion. Shop 5,000+ brands at up to 70% off! Sign up with code GLGDL to save $5: https://bnc.lt/focc/mqvhkz8naB
8. RecieptHog: I love this app its super easy to earn rewards/coins that can be redeemed for amazon giftcards, paypal cash, or magazine subscriptions. With this app you scan your reciepts from just about anywhere and they give you coins or you can spin a wheel to win prizes.
So far these are the only apps I have found that are non time consuming at one time and that actually add up. 🙂
The party was a success! I was a busy mama the whole day of the party. I got some pictures but not as many as I had hoped.
We started out by getting shade structures up around the pool. After that I decorated everything and got tables including the 6 foot dessert table all setup. When guests started arriving, I started Bbqin.
Deviled Eggs (some with bacon & some with olives)
Chips & Salsa
This is the Dessert Table/ Goodie Bag Table:
I made foam bow ties with glitter designs. They attached with 2 prong metal hair clips I had from previous crafts.
I made both cakes myself. The Smash Cake is French Vanilla. The Big Cake is French Vanilla on the bottom and then Chocolate cake on the top tiers. I used Wilton Fondant to cut out and make decorations for the cake. I colored the fondant with Wilton Gel Food Coloring .
Some of the cookie cutters I used:
These are the Molds I used and made Candy Melt Pops.
I bought some picture frames at the dollar tree store and printed some mustache sayings I found on Pinterest and put them all around the tables.
The Candy Melts/ Chocolates:
The Cake Smash:
The Milestone Poster:
The Birthday Boy:
Overall a huge success! With 22 guests! My Baby is well loved!
I’ve had a few people ask me what products I use for makeup. So here it is 🙂
1. I start off with a clean face and I use a moisturizer from Perfectly Posh called “look natural night & day you are the one”
2. After letting the moisturizer absorb and dry on my face, I then apply “L’Oreal Paris: Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream in shade fair.” I love this product because its 4 in 1 it primes, corrects, hydrates, & perfects. I have combination skin so i need extra hydrating. I also have blemishes and freckles. The BB cream has beads of color that blend when rubbed into the skin. I found this product at Walgreen’s but its carried in a lot of stores.
3. Keep in mind i rub my moisturizer, my BB cream, and my foundation in with my fingers. For foundation I use “L’Oreal Paris: True Match Lumi in shade neutral.” I love this product because it give my skin a glow, it has medium coverage without feeling too heavy, lasts me all day, and has SPF 20. I also found this product at Walgreen’s.
5. At this point my face looks pretty light/washed out looking. So I like to contour my face. I don’t do too much contouring just the basics: cheekbones, forehead/hairline and nose. I use wet n wild mega glo contouring palette contour in shade Dulce De leches”. I found this product at Target. ( I couldn’t find it on Amazon 😦 )
6. I fill my eyebrows in even thought they are full and dark. The kit pictured is a Christmas kit from sally’s beauty supply I use a medium brown color 2 shades lighter than my eyebrow hair and an angled brush.
7. For my eye shadow, since I have blue eyes the best color to make my eyes pop is copper tones. I found this shimmery duo at Target. I use the light color all over all the way to my eyebrows, I use the copper color in my crease, and I use the dark color on the outer edge and blend it into the crease. I use my ecotools blending brush.
On May 23, 2016 My Baby Boy DJ turns ONE!!! I’m super thrilled and cannot wait to Celebrate with family and friends! I wanted to write this post so that I can show everyone what I got and where I got it from. I am also making some stuff for the party so some of that will be in a later post 🙂
Alright lets get started:
I made a banner and a door sign. I am having the party at my dads house and his house doesn’t have a door bell!! So I made a sign to let guests know to come on in when they get there. Both of these I had printed at Walgreen’s. I googled a photo coupon code and found a mothers day promo code for 40% off and ordered them separately. So I only spent like $12 for both!
Every Birthday I create a Poster board with milestones of my kids and I take pictures of them with the poster. This is DJ’s 1st poster.I printer everything from Microsoft Word and I googled pictures with transparent backgrounds 🙂
First off let me say Hobby Lobby has a whole Little Man/ Mustache section + a cinco de mayo section currently with mustache stuff. I bought these cookie cutters at Hobby Lobby. I made probably 6 trips to Hobby Lobby because I have a 40% off coupon I found online so I used it for a few purchases to get everything I needed.
This table cloth I got at Hobby Lobby and I plan to put on my fold up/out table where the cake and treats will be located.
I found the Blue table cloth at Hobby Lobby and I found the Green table cloth at Walmart. I plan to use these as a backdrop for a photo booth.
I got these clear solo cups at Safeway… tip: buy them at Costco, you get way more for way cheaper. I got 28 cups for $9.98 at Safeway then found them at Costco 250 cups for $9.99. It’s insane the prices of plastic cups. Anyways, I bought these mustache stickers to put on the cups to decorate them. I got the stickers at Hobby Lobby.
I bought this “ice cube mold” at Hobby Lobby. It’s in quotes because that’s not what I plan to use it for. I plan to make chocolate mustaches to add to the goodie bags I made.
These are the goodie bags. Also bought at Hobby Lobby…told ya I was there a lot lol. They fold over with the mustache on them.
These are the goodies so far that I have put in the bags…These are the “adult bags I guess…I also made kids bags which has little cheap toys from the party section at Walmart in them. But these bags have the butter mints which I got at Hobby Lobby, The mustaches on a stick which are also from Hobby Lobby, and then I bought stick on fuzzy mustaches from The Dollar Tree store.
I bought both of these candles at Hobby Lobby. I have a really cute cake design & a smash cake design that I will be making and that will be in a later post once everything is all made.
I bought all of these at Hobby Lobby. Mustache Balloons, Highchair Decorations, Streamers, Paper Fans, Paper chevron straws, and a birthday banner.
I also found this super cute bib at Hobby Lobby for when he is eating in his cute little outfit.
I got these at Hobby Lobby as well but I haven’t even decided if I will do cupcakes yet.
I bought all of these at Hobby Lobby. The plastic silverware, Napkins and Plates.
p.s. sorry if any pics are sideways I have yet to figure out how to switch them around.
I still have a lot that I am making/doing for the party so I will post more as I go but so far this is what I have. 🙂