I have decided I am going to start setting up to sell some party supplies out of my house. Some things i will be selling are: Cupcake Toppers, Bunting Signs, Cake Toppers, Bags of Confetti,… More
Back last September i was asked to make a Fairy & Butterfly cake and smash cake for a friends daughter’s first birthday party. I had drawn out a few different ideas and i finally settled on the 2 designs that me and the client both agreed on. She wanted a cake to feed 30+ people so i went with a 2 tier cake made into a fairy house.
These Fairy Figurines are even cuter than the ones I found.
This post is from when my daughter turned 3, she had a tangled/Rapunzel themed party at our local park. I figured i would add this to my collection of parties i have done in the past. My daughter just had her 5th birthday in February so this cake and decorations were in my beginner stages of party planning/supplier.
I made this Rapunzel tower from a fold up foam presentation board like this fold up foam board.
This is the cake I made for her party. I had the hardest time finding a small enough Rapunzel figurine to fit on the cake and not sink it. Rapunzel Figurine/Caketopper
I made these Rapunzel red velvet cake pops with these purple candy melts.
I used this free printable image from Pinterest for the tops tangled cake pop topper.
Thanx for checking out my blog and i hope its helpful if your making a Tangled cake 🙂
I have been one busy momma lately! I have had countless Parties to plan and cakes to make on top of daily life plus some. I miss writing!
I just found out yesterday I will be an aunt x2 more! I’m so excited! Babies= cakes, gender reveal parties to plan, baby showers to plan, and more! I can’t wait. I’ve already been making new Pinterest boards with ideas! Does anyone have any cute ideas I can run by the mommies to be?
I need some advice on what some other stay at home parents do to make some income from home. i already do Ibotta, Reciept Hog, surveys, but I’m curious if anyone uses affiliate links and generates any income. I would like to start helping my husband out with some costs. I already babysit my niece 4-5 days a week but I don’t make much. does anyone have any recommendations? have the affiliate links worked for you? I still feel so new in blogging and I haven’t figured everything out yet. I’m open to some suggestions of things i can do from home while babysitting 3 kids.
I’m so thankful for all my readers and I’m thankful that some of you like to comment and give me some tips and advice 🙂
It has been awhile since i last posted. I have been one busy mama! I have been asked by alot of froends and family for my blog site so they can see some of the cakes I have made. So this post will be pictures mostly 🙂
Emoji cake, cake pops, and cupcakes:
I made this going away to airforce bootcamp cake for my brother in law:
The dinosaur cake I made for my sons 2nd Birthday party:
The dark tower (book version) cake that I made for my other brother in law for his 22nd birthday:
The alice in ONE derland smash cake and sheet cake that I made for a friends babies 1st birthday party:
These last 2 are the 2 cakes I made fpr my husband 1 for his party at his families house and the other for his surprise party I threw for him:
Which one is your favorite out of all of my cakes?
Thank you for checking out my blog 💗
So I thought it would be fun to do one of those survey/question things all the high school kids use to do on myspace and facebook! (Wow myspace…Im old!) I would like for you to fill this out in the comments! I love learning about people and I promise I will read all of them! Its fun for me!
Here is my All About Me:
1. Full Name: Becky Smith. Well technically Im supposed to be Becky Weeks. But I never officially cahnged my name when I got married.
2. Age and birthday: I am 28 and I was Born November 26th
3. Hometown: Born in Carmichael CA. Grew up in North Highlands/Sacramento CA until my sophmore year of high school when I moved with my mom to Placerville CA and I lived there for 6 years. So I consider all of these my hometown. They all have special places for me.
4. Hair color: As of 2 days ago I went a little crazy. Normally my hair is a dark burgundy/purple color. But…. I colored my hairva dark brown almost black and bleached in a few highlights that turned orange…I just left it until I have time to add some more highlights and tone it lol. So its a work in progress.
5. Eye color: Blue but my eyes change colors. Sometimes they are bright blue, grey blue, or teal.
6. Height: I am 5’9″
7. Best friends: Holly James & Caitlyn Goebel
8. Favorite color: Teal
9. Pets: None. I love animals but my house is too small and its just too much for me with 2 kids.
10. Dream job: Owning my own bakery and making cakes and cookies all day.
11. Favorite subject: Art I love being crwative and making things.
12. Lucky number: 7 just like my momma
13. Hobbies: Teaching my kids, blogging, creating things, baking, and trying to find ways to keep a positive mind.
14. Favorite book: I dont have a favorite due to not being able to read much but I am part of a Young Married Couples Group and we are reading a book called “What did you expect?” By Paul David Tripp. I like it alot and it has helped my husband and I become closer.
15. Favorite movie: oh boy I have so many. Im a sucker for romantic comedies, chick flicks and just normal comedies. I like to laugh.
16. Favorite sport: Basketball
17. Favorite band/artist: Im liking Bruno Mars’ new album rught now.
18. Favorite food: Tacos!! I love Tacos & Pizza…. which is so unhealthy but I still love them lol.
19. Favorite season: Fall or Summer. I HATE spring with a passion because I am allergic to everything that blooms in spring ugh… I am miserable during spring, Its been this way my entire life. And winter is rough im not a fan of being cold.
20. Favorite music genre:I would say Pop because I like to dance with my kids.
21. Single or taken: I am Taken. Im married to my hubby since 2012.
22. Want kids: I have 2 kids. My daughter is now 4 and my son is almost 2.
23: Snapchat: beckobee
24. Zodiac sign :Sagittarius
25. Last drank: My morning coffee.
26. Cat or dog: I love them both but I have to say Dogs because Im allergic to cats 😦
27. Favorite animal: Dogs & Giraffs
28. Apple or samsung: Never had a samsung so Id say Im an apple girl.
I cant wait to read your answers and get to know you guys!
Have a great day everyone!
I decided I would share some of the other Birthday parties I had made diy things for. My daughters 2nd Birthday we had planned to go to chuck e cheese due to the weather being bad. But when we arrived at chuck e cheese it was so crowded due to the weather it just wasn’t going to happen so we decided to have everyone venture across the street to the round table pizza. It worked out perfect nobody was there so we were able to use the party room.
So anyways I made an Elmo cake with abc/123 sugar cookie on it. (This is one of my first decorated cakes I had done). Its pretty simple and I enjoyed making it. This is her and her bff (daddy). This is one of my favorite pictures 💗.
30-day-ab-butt-challenge I’ve been in this funk lately with how my body looks since I had my son. 2 babies later and I’ve lost the weight from both babies but I seriously need/want to tone my saggy belly! I hate looking in the mirror at myself. ..and I can only imagine what my husband thinks lol. So what I have been doing is researching the most common exercises to help tone down my stomach and help lift my butt…that I don’t have so I guess I should say “grow my butt”?? lol.
Well anyways I have took it upon myself to create a FREE 30 Day Ab & Butt Challenge Printable to share with everyone. I plan to start it tomorrow morning! The reason I chose to make it a printable is because I like to have a physical list/calendar that I can mark the day off after I do it as a motivation to try and do the entire thing. I know from experience how hard it is to finish a 30 day regimen. lol.
This is my first time making a printable so I would really like some feedback on if I even did it right lol. I hope I did…I learned from a Pinterest tutorial lol.
If you use it let me know if you saw any results and if you like it 🙂 enjoy!
My daughter just turned 4! When i asked her what kind of party she wanted she said unicorns and mermaids. So we went shopping. While shopping i showed her some Lisa Frank items i had found and boom she was hooked!
Alot of the stuff for the party i made myself since i have so much extra time on my hands (haha) …but im not gunna lie i absolutely love and have a passion for party planning and diy crafting! Pinterest and me are very close friends lol.
This is my big 4 year old. I made her shirt for her. Its just a simple iron on that i printed out from my computer. Iron on transfer papers (printer friendly) & i bought her plain white shirt here Plain white long sleeve shirt .
I made a rainbow glitter unicorn piñata from all my amazon boxes i had accumulated, white tissue paper from the dollar store, some silver glitter, cardstock paper, gluegun with glue, and some glitter tulle i bought at hobby lobby. It was alot of work for the kids to just destroy it, but like i said i enjoy making this stuff so i was fine with it 😁
I also made some mini unicorn piñatas from some cereal box cardboard, tissue paper from the dollar tree, cardstock, glitter, and some small gems i had from a previous project(for the eyes) i cut a hole under the tail (on the butt) and stuffed them with skittles so the unicorn would poop skittles! Lol the kids loved it and so did the adults 😂
Now my cake turned out pretty cute i was pretty impressed! I made a french vanilla cake with buttercream frosting. I dyed each cake layer with rainbow tiedye(5 layers). I covered the cake with White fondant and I bought some Food coloring pens to colors the fondant facial features i made for the face. The horn is a lollipop i bought at the dollar store which was too tall but i went with it anyways lol.
Unicorn cookie cutter
Over 600 lisa frank stickers
Party hats 8ct
Play packs(I had found them in packs of 6 but i cant find that link now)
Party plates, napkins, cups & silverware
Unicorn sticker (not lisa frank but we decorated some blank thank you cards from the dollar section at target with these)
I see all kinds of pins on Pinterest about how Stay at Home moms make money from home. A lot of the jobs you need to have a degree to do…well I don’t so a lot of those options haven’t panned out too well for me. So Instead i have found small ways to make some side money that add up.And all of these are apps on my phone that I can just casually do while holding my babies. And the BEST PART IS THEY ARE ALL FREE APPS! (Keep in mind I have an iphone so im not sure how these will work for any other phone, but its worth checking out!)
- Inbox Dollars: I answer surveys and I signed up to read emails and get paid. This takes some time to do but if you do a little a day it begins to add up quick.
2.ibotta: I use this app a lot. What I do is I look up the stores I plan to go shop at the day of. I check to see if there are any items I need that are being featured on ibotta. If i buy any of the items then when I get home i will scan the items and take a picture of the receipt and get paid for that shopping trip.
Check out Ibotta to get cash back! Use my referral code, k9shaw, and you can earn an extra $10. Sign up at https://ibotta.com/r/k9shaw
3.Safeway: I shop at Safeway alot because my Husband likes there produce and meat quality. There “Just for u” app lets you pick out coupons for items you buy and add them to your card from the app so that when you use your Safeway card the coupons are automatically used on your purchase.
4. Retail Me Not: I mostly use this app at Bath and Body Works, because I buy there hand soaps for both my bathrooms and my kitchen. Kind of addicted… Retail me Not has coupons for alot of stores. You can use the coupons online or in store depending on the coupon.
5. Cartwheel by Target: This one is pretty popular and alot of people know about it. I check my list and what is on my cartwheel app before going and always save about $10 minimum. If you don’t know what it is, Its an app for target that gives you discounts like coupons and you pull up the bar code on the app at checkout to get the coupons from the app that you have chosen.
6.ThredUP: So since i have 2 young kids, This app is kind of amazing! I go on it and request a clean up bag. they ship me a preaddressed bag that I send back free full of my kids’ clothes they have grown out of along with mine of my husbands stuff too. They have a list of brands and types of clothes you can send in to get paid from them. After they have received the bag of clothes you can choose to buy more things from there site, or you can cash out to your paypal.
Check out thredUP, the web’s largest selection of like-new designer looks at up to 90% off retail. It’s also the easiest way to clean out your closet by ordering a Clean Out Kit. Use my link for $10 off!
Use thsi code to sign up and get $10 free( which makes your cleanout bag free👍🏻)
Update: Thredup now charges to send you a bag to fill 😦 so I dont use thsi as much die to not making as much a profit.
7. Poshmark: This is similar to the ThredUp but instead you post pictures and people buy from you, they pay the shipping and you get a prepaid shipping label emailed to you to print out to ship the item.
Join me on Poshmark, the #1 app to buy & sell fashion. Shop 5,000+ brands at up to 70% off! Sign up with code GLGDL to save $5: https://bnc.lt/focc/mqvhkz8naB
8. RecieptHog: I love this app its super easy to earn rewards/coins that can be redeemed for amazon giftcards, paypal cash, or magazine subscriptions. With this app you scan your reciepts from just about anywhere and they give you coins or you can spin a wheel to win prizes.
So far these are the only apps I have found that are non time consuming at one time and that actually add up. 🙂
The party was a success! I was a busy mama the whole day of the party. I got some pictures but not as many as I had hoped.
We started out by getting shade structures up around the pool. After that I decorated everything and got tables including the 6 foot dessert table all setup. When guests started arriving, I started Bbqin.
Deviled Eggs (some with bacon & some with olives)
Chips & Salsa
This is the Dessert Table/ Goodie Bag Table:
I made foam bow ties with glitter designs. They attached with 2 prong metal hair clips I had from previous crafts.
I made both cakes myself. The Smash Cake is French Vanilla. The Big Cake is French Vanilla on the bottom and then Chocolate cake on the top tiers. I used Wilton Fondant to cut out and make decorations for the cake. I colored the fondant with Wilton Gel Food Coloring .
Some of the cookie cutters I used:
These are the Molds I used and made Candy Melt Pops.
I bought some picture frames at the dollar tree store and printed some mustache sayings I found on Pinterest and put them all around the tables.
The Candy Melts/ Chocolates:
The Cake Smash:
The Milestone Poster:
The Birthday Boy:
Overall a huge success! With 22 guests! My Baby is well loved!